This guide will explain how to:
- Sign in to your School Dashboard account
- Explain what the School Dashboard windows show and how to read and adjust them
- Add teachers to the School Dashboard roster by following the steps in this separate FAQ
To access your School Dashboard account, begin by signing in.
1) Click the Sign In tab at the top of the Boom Learning page.
2) Click the red "I'm a School" button.
3) Click the blue "Sign in with Email/Username" button.
4) Input your School Dashboard credentials. This username and password can be sent to you by a Boom Learning support agent, or you can recover your password through the email address linked to the School Dashboard account.
If you are unable to find "Sign In" on step "1)", you may be signed in to an account already. Click the "Menu" button in the upper right corner, and then click "Sign Out" in the window that appears.
School Dashboard View
You will see four main areas: Account, School Address, Address, and School Private Data. You can modify some of these fields by clicking on them.
In the Account window:
1) The User ID cannot be changed
2) The username can be changed by clicking on it
3) Set an email address for password recovery
The School Address fields can be updated, and this is used for billing and for linking your school to your district.
The Address window is for your district's billing information, and the school's name that is receiving services.
The School Private Data window is for seeing what your School Dashboard account's services include.
1) The remaining balance of points in the School Dashboard -- these can be distributed to teachers in the roster
2) The remaining balance of licenses in your Membership Seat Balance that can be assigned to teachers in the roster
3) The date that the membership licenses expire
4) The domain name associated with the email addresses used by the school
5) Student Pool is currently an unused feature
6) The email address for the accounts-payable department of your school
How to Add Your Teachers to the School Dashboard (Adding Teacher Accounts)
To add teachers to your school, please review a separate, related FAQ by clicking on this link.
This link's guide explains how to:
- Add and / or invite teacher accounts to the School Dashboard roster
- Assign available membership licenses to the teachers in the School Dashboard roster
- Distribute points to the teacher accounts from the School Dashboard's point balance
Teachers that are invited to the School Dashboard will not lose anything in their accounts. They will be required to click an agreement, however, in order to fully join the School.
This is the message teachers see after you invite them. Teachers can be re-invited if they reject the invitation initially.