This guide will explain how to:
- Add and/or invite teacher accounts to the School Dashboard roster
- Assign and revoke available membership licenses to the teachers in the School Dashboard roster
- Distribute points to the teacher accounts from the School Dashboard's point balance
If you have not yet signed in to the School Dashboard account, or have not seen your School Dashboard's home page, please review this guide about School Dashboard account access to begin.
Adding and Inviting Teacher Accounts to the School
After signing in to the School Dashboard account, you can add or invite teacher accounts.
1. Click on the blue "School" tab at the very top of the Boom Learning page
2. Click on the gray "Teachers" tab at the top, but below the "School" tab
The top of the view of the page will appear something like this:
3. Click the blue "+ New Teacher(s)" button. A new window will appear:
4. List the email addresses linked to the Boom Learning accounts you want to create or invite to the School Dashboard
5. Click the blue "Import teacher" button
Teachers with existing accounts will be shown this message when they sign in, and will not be able to access their Classes page until they decide whether to reject the invitation or accept the invitation. If a teacher rejects an invitation, they can be re-invited.
Teachers who are brand new to Boom Learning will have their accounts created immediately after clicking the blue "Import teacher" button. You will be able to see their email addresses listed in the gray "Teachers" tab. In order for them to access their new account, you will need to send them a link to reset their password.
1. In the gray "Teachers" tab, click on the Orange "Key Icon" button.
2. This will open a dialog box and ask if you want to send a password reset email to your teacher. Click "Okay." When your teacher opens the email and clicks on the link provided to reset their password, they will be able to access their new account.
Distributing Membership Licenses (Membership Seat Balance) to Teachers
After the teachers accept the invitation to the School Dashboard, they will appear in a list visible under the "Teachers" tab:
In the first row, the teacher has accepted the invite to the school, and already has an active license.
- Click the blue "Reclaim" button to recover an active license and add one to your Membership Seat Balance
- Or, you can click the green "Renew" button to assign them their seat in the School
After clicking "Renew", the teacher will receive their membership license, as well as be sent a welcome notification to their email address.
Click the blue "Reclaim" button to remove that teacher's membership license (which will return them to the free Starter membership). This will add one available license to your Membership Seat Balance.
In the second row, the teacher has accepted the invite to the school, but their license is about to expire.
- Click the red "Revoke" button if the teacher does not need a membership license. This will set them to a starter account, and will not recover any active licenses.
- Or, click the green "Renew" button to give the teacher one available seat from your Membership Seat Balance
In the third row, the teacher has just been created by the School Dashboard's administrator. Click on the green "Assign" button to give the teacher one available seat from your Membership Seat Balance.
Completing Provisioning and Distributing Points from the School Dashboard Point Balance
After you assign teacher licenses and set up all of their accounts, the list should look similar to this:
1. Click on the green "Add/Remove Points" button in the far-right column for the teacher you want to give points.
2. Type in the number you want to add, or type a minus sign (-) in front of the number to remove points from the teacher's account and return those points to the School Dashboard point balance.
Troubleshooting Access and Provisioning
If you are unable to access your School Dashboard, you may need to reach out to email@example.com for support on a password reset. To help manage your account, ensure that you:
- Enter an email address for the School Dashboard that can be used for password recovery.
- Request help from firstname.lastname@example.org if you run out of available seats or points, or if teachers need assistance with merging.
- Review this guide about accessing the School Dashboard for additional details on signing in to the account.