This guide will explain how to use the School Dashboard to add teachers to the school account, assign purchased memberships and points, and how to purchase additional memberships and points.
Note: If you have not yet signed in to the School Dashboard account, or have not seen your School Dashboard's home page, please review this guide about School Dashboard account access to begin.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Adding and Inviting Teacher Accounts to the School
- Distributing Membership Licenses (Membership Seat Balance) to Teachers
- Completing Provisioning and Distributing Points from the School Dashboard Point Balance
- Purchasing Additional Memberships and Points from the School Dashboard
- Troubleshooting Access and Provisioning
Adding and Inviting Teacher Accounts to the School
After signing in to the School Dashboard account, you can add or invite teacher accounts.
1. Click on the blue "School" tab at the very top of the Boom Learning page
2. Click on the gray "Teachers" tab at the top, but below the "School" tab
The top of the view of the page will appear something like this:
3. Click the blue "+ New Teacher(s)" button. A new window will appear:
4. List the email addresses linked to the Boom Learning accounts you want to create or invite to the School Dashboard
5. If you want all of the imported teachers to have a Subscription added, check the "Add Subscription to newly created teachers" box.
6. Click the blue "Import teacher" button
Teachers with existing accounts will be shown this message when they sign in, and will not be able to access their Classes page until they decide whether to reject the invitation or accept the invitation.
Once an invitation is sent you will see a pending Invite at the bottom of your school page. From there you can cancel the invitation at any time before it is accepted or rejected by the teacher.
Brand New Teacher Accounts
Teachers who are brand new to Boom Learning will have their accounts created immediately after clicking the blue "Import teacher" button. You will be able to see their email addresses listed in the gray "Teachers" tab. In order for them to access their new account, you will need to send them a link to reset their password.
1. In the gray "Teachers" tab, click on the Blue Down Arrow to open the drop-down menu, from there you can click the "Reset Password" button.
2. This will open a dialog box and ask if you want to send a password reset email to your teacher. Click "Okay." When your teacher opens the email and clicks on the link provided to reset their password, they will be able to access their new account.
Distributing Subscription Licenses (Boom Plus Seat Balance) to Teachers
We now have "Add Subscription to ALL Teachers" button, this will allow you to assign a membership to all managed teachers as long as you have enough Teacher Seats.
After the teachers accept the invitation to the School Dashboard, their account data will appear in your teacher list.
In the first row, the teacher has accepted the invite to the school and does not have an active license.
You can click the Blue "+ Subscription" button to assign them their seat in the School.
After clicking "+ Subscription" in your Dashboard, the teacher will receive their membership license, as well as be sent a welcome notification to their email address.
Click the Red "Reclaim" button to remove that teacher's membership license (which will return them to the free Starter membership). This will add one available license to your Membership Seat Balance.
In the second row, the teacher has a membership that is about to expire, to renew their membership.
Click the Red "Reclaim" button if the teacher does not need a membership license. This will set them to a starter account, and will not recover any active licenses.
Completing Provisioning and Distributing Points from the School Dashboard Point Balance
After you assign teacher licenses and set up all of their accounts, the list should look similar to this:
1. Click on the Blue outlined button "Mange Points" button in circled above for the teacher you want to give points.
2. Type in the number you want to add or type a minus sign (-) in front of the number to remove points from the teacher's account and return those points to the School Dashboard point balance.
Purchasing Additional Memberships and Points from the School Dashboard
Run out of points or memberships? No problem! You can submit an add-on estimate directly through your School Dashboard. This automatically connects the new estimate to your school account and makes it easier for us to fulfill your order as efficiently as possible while keeping payment records all in one convenient place.
First, sign in as a school to access your School Dashboard. Click on the Quotes tab.
Next, click on the blue "+Request New Estimate" button.
This will bring you to our Estimate Builder where you will be able to submit a quote for additional memberships and points. The purchasing process is the same and you will receive emailed updates each step of the way until we fulfill your order.
Troubleshooting Access and Provisioning
If you are unable to access your School Dashboard, you may need to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for support on a password reset. To help manage your account, ensure that you:
- Enter an email address for the School Dashboard that can be used for password recovery.
- Request help from email@example.com if you run out of available seats or points, or if teachers need assistance with merging.
- Review this guide about accessing the School Dashboard for additional details on signing in to the account.