Effective August 1, 2016
Am I In the Right Place?
You are in the right place if you are here to ask us to remove a deck or asset that copies a deck or asset you created. In legalese, you are here to do a DMCA takedown. All of these items must be true to do a DMCA takedown.
- The item that was copied is original to you. You made it or you are the authorized agent of the person who made it.
- You are the owner of the copyright in the item.
- The deck or asset you are complaining about copies your originality. Sometimes, both you and the other party license the same assets from a yet another party. In that case, your claim must be about the copying of your original arrangement of those assets, not the copying of the assets licensed from that third party.
How Do I Request a Takedown
To request a DMCA takedown, send us a message that contains the elements listed below. We respect the intellectual property rights of all parties. We can only act on requests that contain all of these elements.
- A description of the item that you created that you claim has been copied;
- A description of the deck(s) or asset(s) that you claim are infringing and where they may be found on Boom (the store name and object title and/or URL);
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the use you are complaining about is not authorized by the copyright owner, the owner's agent, or the law (for example, fair use);
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner of the work copied or of the owner's authorized agent complete with the date and printed name.
You can comply with the fourth and fifth elements by including this paragraph in your message:
I have a good-faith belief that the infringing use I have described above is not authorized by me, by my agent, or by law. I declare, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this message is accurate and that I am the copyright owner.
If you are the owner's agent, and not the owner, include this paragraph:
I have a good-faith belief that the infringing use I have described above is not authorized by me, by the owner, or by law. I declare, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this message is accurate and that I am authorized to act on the behalf of the copyright owner.
Perjury is the criminal offense of willfully telling an untruth to a court. Since this letter you send us could be evidence in court, failing to tell the truth in the letter could subject you to criminal penalties.
Send your message to:
Boom Learning Legal Department
9805 NE 116th St Suite 7198
Kirkland WA 98034