Learn about setting your Store Name (Pen Name) and what is involved in changing it.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
What is a Pen Name?
We call your Store or Author name your "Pen Name." It appears in the Store when you publish a deck as your Store Name. It is your "brand" at Boom Learning.
It is different than your Teacher Name, which is the name displayed to your students.
Setting a Pen Name
Pen Names are locked and cannot be changed once you publish a product to the Boom Store. Choose your Pen Name carefully.
To set a Pen Name, go to the Studio. It will show an avatar circle, with your User Name under it. (In our example it is set to "Pen Name").
Click on the words "Pen Name" and type the name you want to display next to your store listings.
Changing a Pen Name
There is a fee to change a Pen Name. To change a Pen Name, follow these steps:
- Contact us from the Help Center and type "Pen name change" in the subject line.
- We will issue a Payment Request for $20 on your Boom account - this invoice is payable from your account statement and will reply to your ticket saying the request is available.
- When you have processed your payment, please reply to your ticket to let us know the payment is complete. We will unlock your Pen Name and reply to your ticket to let you know you can now change it.
- Immediately - before publishing any additional decks - change your Pen Name. Your name should not be confusingly similar to any existing Pen Names. All Pen Names must be unique.
- Then unpublish and republish each deck in your store to apply the new Pen Name to each product. If you sell your products on Teachers Pay Teachers or another external marketplace, you do not have to update your product URL
- Congratulations - you have changed your Pen Name!