Empezar un tema nuevo

Motivating Beginning Band members

Hello.  When we went remote I thought the boom cards would be a terrific way to motivate students to practice their instruments.  I also thought they were a fun way to practice reading pitches on the staff.  My students say they cannot practice their instruments at home for various reasons.  Again, I thought the boom cards would be great for those times.  

As it turns out, there are very few students who have actually used them.  I specifically took time out of lessons to  have students use their chromebooks and go to the website and practice.  I showed them step by step how to get there and what to do.  THen I gave differentiated lesson decks based on the instruments they play.   Last night the assignments were due.  they had 3 weeks and all they had to do was focus on one deck.  Less than a 3rd did the assignment. Those students are not the ones tellim me they can't practice.

In class they seemed excited by the boom cards. Outside of lessons and band I am getting very little effort.  What have you all tried?  Have the boom cards worked with your beginners? How did you present them?  What else do you use to motivate?

thanks 

Cathie B

1 Persona tiene esta pregunta

Charlotte  coconnor

1 Persona Le Gusta

COOL

game
(1.46 KB)

hi

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario