There are just a few things you must have for Boom Cards to play properly:
- Broadband internet connection.
- A browser that runs HTML5 such as Firefox, Chromium Edge (Jan 15, 2020 or later), Safari, or Chrome on a Chromebook, netbook, laptop or desktop. Silk on the Kindle, Safari on the iPad, or Chrome on a Chromebook or Android tablet OR
- One of our free apps available from the App Store, Google Play or Kindle Fire App and a compatible device (see the respective stores for details).
Whitelist for Managed Devices and Networks
If your school or organization's networks filters to only allow specified domains, please contact your IT department to allow the following (these also need to be allowed inside your school's LMS system being used for assignments and for browsers):
- Cookies served by https://wow.boomlearning.com in your browser cookie settings.
- Authentication for Google and Microsoft users
- Access to our Boom Learning apps if you are using those
Your IT department may also need to whitelist the following domains:
For email networks that require an IP address for whitelisting, please whitelist this IP: 18.104.22.168
iPad or iPhone — OS 10 or later. We no longer support iOS 9 and earlier.
Kindle Fire — the app works with devices manufactured in 2014 and later. Use the Silk browser if an older Kindle Fire.
Chromebooks with App and Android Tablets — minimum version 5.1 (Lollipop)
Our users have had success with Boom Cards on:
- GetClearTouch panels
...and more. So long as the interactive whiteboard can interact with HTML5 browser apps, Boom Cards should work.
Our users who provide remote services have had success with
- Adobe Connect
Creating Boom Cards
You can only create Boom Cards in a browser, not an app. We find laptops or desktops are best for creating Boom Cards.